This was TOO good to keep to myself so I wanted to share this goodie with you! If you’re at all like me and many other pumpkin-obsessed, trader joe’s fans out there with a major sweet tooth, you would absolutely LOVE this easy-to-make dessert!
Make no mistake, I am no experienced baker or cook. Simply a lover of food and a sucker for crazy cravings. Every once in a while, I dust off my cute little apron and warm up the oven for something scrumptious, granted it’s easy enough for a rookie like me. This was totally worth it.
One of my best friends sent me a care package with this magical spread from Trader Joe’s:
Yes, you read that right. Pumpkin pie spice COOKIE BUTTER. As if cookie butter could get any better. So, in my hunt to make the best use of this precious little thing, I came upon this recipe (also below) modified by Felicia Baskin of Sugarsmith from this cookie butter original by Elizabeth of Confessions of a Baking Queen. It’s practically solid gold.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, at room temp.
- 1/2 cup cookie butter *pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips/ chocolate chunks
- Sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9X9 inch pan with foil, spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, sugars and vanilla. Once combined add egg, mix until incorporated. Mix in cookie butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, fold in chocolate chips/chunks and pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle more sea salt on top bake for 22-25 minutes until set. Let cool on tray for 30 minutes then pull out of pan by foil.
Yum. I just found myself a new fall favorite. Hope you think so too! Enjoy!